Andrew Gray talks to Andrew Jackson from The Alternative Board to discuss how businesses can plan ahead for the future.
Andrew Jackson is a business coach from Harrogate.
- 1min 25s – Andrew explains his background in business.
- 3mins 45s – Andrew details his business experience in China and Singapore and advises how they will be reacting during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- 5mins 33s – Turning to Harrogate now, Andrew details business attitudes in the local area during these challenging times.
- 8mins 35s – Andrew offers tips and advice for how businesses can survive after the virus pandemic.
- 10mins 32s – Andrew advises to prepare a cashflow forecast, lean on the experts and plan ahead during this time.
- 11mins 39s – Andrew discusses the uncertainty around furloughing and the job retention scheme.
- 13mins 19s – Andrew advises on other business schemes available during this time, including the small business grant fund and the coronavirus business interruption loan scheme.
- 18mins40s – Andrew says business owners need to keep putting pressure on banks to deliver the funds, look for contingencies and alternative sources. Also keep an eye on the government website to see what support is available to you.
- 20mins 5s– Andrew says he has some anecdotal evidence that some banks are better than others with the speed in which funds are delivered.
- 21mins3s – Andrew discusses other business schemes currently available including VAT deferral, business rates relief and the self-employed scheme.
- 23mins19s – Andrew advises on personal self-assessment tax and how you can delay that until 2021.
- 24mins – Andrew offers some advice for how we can look after our colleagues and employees, plus he discusses his ‘Golden Rule’ of business.
- 25mins10s – Andrew details some examples of how local businesses are dealing with lockdown and managing through the process via creative means.
- 30mins44s – Andrew points out some positives coming through from the lockdown currently, such as people coming together in a crisis. He expresses how proud he is to see the community spirit.
- 32mins33s- Andrew says a demand for products and services will come back in the future, so its important businesses set themselves up for this to help stimulate the economy again. He urges all businesses to consider how they will be positioned to hit the ground running when we come through the other side. He believes the best businesses will emerge stronger, not weaker.
- 35mins 48s – Andrew discusses the remote working trend which he believes will continue. He hopes there will be a trend for kindness and looking after one another a bit more.
- 37mins 15s – Andrew ends his podcast by saying that something else positive to note is that this does give us all an opportunity to decide what we want out of life and what’s important to us.
- Andrew is happy to talk to any business owner who needs advice at this time: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewjackson42/