Julia Burns of Dove in the Room is a highly experienced solicitor, a mediator, a conflict coach, and a lecturer. Listen to Julia talk about her fascinating experiences in her varied career to our podcast host, Andrew Gray.
- 00m:42s – How did Julia end up as a family conflict coach and how could she help listeners of this podcast?
- 02m:48s – Julia talks about some of her cases.
- 05m:00s – Is Julia the only family conflict coach out there?
- 08m:20s – Julia explains what mediation means.
- 09m:52s – Julia talks about a successful difficult case with a Yorkshire farmer who experienced challenging times and how she helped him. The case involved high conflict and had complex emotional issues.
- 11m:33s –How Julia prepares somebody for a mediation.
- 14m:30s – Julia talks about how she balances her life with her portfolio career being a lawyer, mediator, conflict coach, lecturer at one of the top law schools in Leeds and a mother of young children.
- 16m:20s – The craziest thing that Julia’s done.
- 17m:57s – Julia explains how she charges for her services.
- 19m:58s – Julia gives some examples of typical cases that she handles.
- 22m:19s – Julia shares her top tips to prevent family conflict over succession issues.
- 25m:26s – Julia talks about how she can help family businesses around Harrogate and surrounding areas to manage conflict.
- 28m:19s – Julia talks about her career as a Consultant lawyer